POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : How does one make realistic water? : How does one make realistic water? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 11:52:28 EDT (-0400)
  How does one make realistic water?
From: Tim Soderstrom
Date: 9 Jun 1999 00:04:44
Message: <375F3A9F.C6545FF4@sitc.net>
I've notice on many IRTC renderings that involve water that the water
looks like, well, water. When I use water (using normal{ ripples 0.15}
or something, maybe waves) I get those ugly circle boundaries. I've
tried making the pattern big, as well as the Number_Of_Waves setting,
but to no avail. So:

How does one make realistic 'wind blown' water like one sees in a pond
or on a calm day in the ocean? (Where all the waves move one way, not in
a circle)

Any help, at least a direction to a tutorial site, would be of help!

Tim Soderstrom
TigerHawk